These performers are doing it better
Is it time to move on from yodel boy?
Since his Walmart performance of a Hank Williams song went viral, Mason Ramsey (usually known as yodel boy or Walmart kid) has been pretty busy. He had an appearance on Ellen, performed at Coachella, released a single, and even landed a record deal.
In the past month, people shared their renditions of yodel boy’s Walmart performance, from makeup blogger James Charles to drag queen and RuPaul’s Drag Race contestant Blair St. Clair.
But let’s be real — even with this newfound fame, yodel boy’s becoming a tired meme. Is it time to stan a new viral sensation?
Move over, yodel boy. Here are a few people doing it better.
1. This operatic version of Britney Spears’ “Toxic”:
2. The kid who was definitely a backup dancer during Beyonce’s Coachella set:
3. Whatever this boy at Lowe’s is doing:
4. This guy’s amazing version of the Halo theme song:
5. The K-pop fan dancing at Walmart:
6. The artist singing over a store’s intercom:
7. All of these mariachi bands:
Okay, you have to admit: As great as all of these potential replacements are, nobody can truly replace yodel boy — Mason Ramsey will always have our hearts.