When Apple’s Live Photos first hit the scene with the launch of the iPhone 6S in 2015, it collectively blew everyone’s mind.
Now, with the new iOS 11 update, you can turn those photos into GIFs. Here’s how it’s done:
1. Open the Photos App and select “Albums” on the bottom right corner.
2. Select the Live Photos album.
3. Tap the picture that you would like to make a GIF.
4. Once you’ve opened up the picture, swipe up from the bottom of the screen for the app to give you four animation options, which are Live, Loop, Bounce, and Long Exposure.
5. Once you’ve chosen the desired effect, the photo will appear in a new album called “Animated Album.”
The animated photo is now a GIF, ready to be used on or sent over the medium of your choosing. Let your creativity run wild.