Director Bryan Singer sued for alleged sexual assault of 17-year-old
X-Men director Bryan Singer was sued Thursday for allegedly sexually assaulting a 17-year-old boy in 2003, according to a report from Variety.
The suit, filed Thursday in Washington state Superior Court, alleges that Singer, now 52, was at a yacht party hosted by tech investor Lester Waters in Seattle when he allegedly assaulted Cesar Sanchez-Guzman. Sanchez-Guzman claims he was another attendee at the party and says he didn’t know Singer until introduced at the party. He was 17 and a minor at the time.
Sanchez-Guzman alleges that Singer then forced him to perform oral sex and sexually assaulted him further. The suit repeatedly says “Cesar pleaded for him to stop.”
Mashable emailed a representative for Singer who did not immediately respond.
Singer had previously been accused of sexual assault in 2014 when actor Michael Egan III sued Singer for allegedly forcing the actor into having sex at parties starting when he was 15 years old. An earlier suit also alleged sexual assault from an unnamed plaintiff.
Those lawsuits were dismissed or withdrawn. Singer has denied all allegations.
The new lawsuit comes shortly after Bryan Singer was fired from the Freddie Mercury biopic Bohemian Rhapsody. After not showing up on set and clashing with Bohemian Rhapsody lead actor Rami Malek, Singer was replaced this week with director Dexter Fletcher.
A copy of Thursday’s suit was obtained by Variety: