Top
Cat that ingested antifreeze saved by the elixir of life: Vodka – A N I T H
fade
31468
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-31468,single-format-standard,eltd-core-1.1.1,flow child-child-ver-1.0.0,flow-ver-1.3.6,eltd-smooth-scroll,eltd-smooth-page-transitions,ajax,eltd-blog-installed,page-template-blog-standard,eltd-header-standard,eltd-fixed-on-scroll,eltd-default-mobile-header,eltd-sticky-up-mobile-header,eltd-dropdown-default,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.0.1,vc_responsive

Cat that ingested antifreeze saved by the elixir of life: Vodka

Cat that ingested antifreeze saved by the elixir of life: Vodka


Vodka is the last drink you’d expect to save lives.

Yet it was the antidote which helped a cat from Queensland, Australia, escape death after it was believed to have ingested a toxic antifreeze, possibly from a bait.

Tipsy, as the feline is now known, was found next to a tyre store on the weekend and rushed to RSPCA Queensland’s animal hospital where it was believed to have less than an hour to live, according to ABC News.

“It just so happened that one of our nurses had a bottle of vodka laying around, so we were able to administer it just in time to save his life,” Sarah Kanther, a RSPCA vet, told the news outlet.

According to Kanther, the enzyme, which metabolises the antifreeze, also metabolised the alcohol in the vodka, giving time for the antifreeze to pass in a non-toxic form. Often animals that consume antifreeze are dead before they can be treated.

Fortunately Tipsy arrived in time and is going to make a full recovery. But it isn’t microchipped — so the RSPCA is looking for its owners, otherwise it’ll be put up for adoption.



Source link

Anith Gopal
No Comments

Post a Comment