Brief: Why China may overtake US in AI, argues Chinese investor Lee Kai-Fu
- Prominent Chinese tech investor Lee Kai-Fu (view his portfolio here) thinks China could overtake the US in certain areas of AI, such as self-driving cars and facial recognition.
- That’s because the Chinese government is able to pass and implement tech-friendly regulations quickly. There’s also more social acceptance of AI.
- This results in mass deployment of AI, which then creates a cycle where more data leads to better deep learning systems.
- While friendly governments can accelerate AI improvements, not all AI applications require government approval.
- Google, Facebook, Apple, and Amazon all possess the ability to harness large datasets to improve their neural networks, which means they’ll stay relevant in the AI race.
Source: The Information
This post Brief: Why China may overtake US in AI, argues Chinese investor Lee Kai-Fu appeared first on Tech in Asia.