- Two Singapore politicians announced separately today that they will be joining the tech industry.
- Teo Ser Luck has resigned as Minister of State and will “build, create, invest, or help” startups, both in tech and non-tech.
- Member of Parliament Tin Pei Ling will stop being a full-time politician to join local tech investment firm Jing King Tech as its group director of corporate strategy. She was formerly a consultant at Ernst & Young. Both will continue to serve as Members of Parliament.
Why it matters:
- Tech startups continue to go mainstream as more civil servants (CoAssets, Infinium), investment bankers (RedMart, NinjaVan), and consultants (Lazada) join the fold in Singapore.
- This shift bolsters Singapore’s ambition of wanting to become a top innovation hub.
This post Brief: Two Singapore politicians to join the tech industry appeared first on Tech in Asia.