- Digital music streaming service Spotify announced in Bangkok today that it is now available for music lovers across Thailand. Users can listen for free or upgrade to Spotify Premium for US$3.88 per month.
- Thailand is the eighth country on Spotify’s Asia expansion list after Japan, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Singapore. The streaming service is now available to users in 61 countries.
Why it matters:
- Spotify appears to be aiming for domination of the digital music streaming market in Asia. Vietnam and India are rumored to be the next in line.
- In February, TechCrunch reported Spotify’s difficult financial position and the company’s plan to improve its business model ahead of going public. At the time, Spotify was considering an IPO during 2018.
- Shortly thereafter, the company announced a significant growth in users, going from 60 million subscribers globally to 140 million active users between June and July of 2017.
Converted from Thai baht. Rate: US$1 = THB 33.24.
This post Brief: Spotify now officially streams in Thailand appeared first on Tech in Asia.