- Dave McClure, founding partner at 500 Startups, has resigned as general partner of the investment firm. He had earlier pulled out of day-to-day operations after complaints against him arose.
- This follows another allegation of sexual harassment, which 500 Startups has investigated and deemed unacceptable.
- McClure’s consent to resign was needed as he’s a cofounder and general partner.
Why it matters:
- With 500 in damage control mode and limited partners threatening to pull out, this could restore some faith in the firm.
- It could also be a win for the broader gender equality fight, sending a signal that sexual harassment is not only unethical but has negative professional consequences for the perpetrator.
This post Brief: Dave McClure resigns from 500 Startups after another sexual harassment allegation appeared first on Tech in Asia.