‘Bachelor in Paradise’ investigation finds no misconduct, show to resume taping
An investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct on the set of reality show spin-off Bachelor in Paradise found nothing out of line, and the show will resume production after a brief suspension, its production company said Tuesday.
Warner Bros. Television said it had reviewed footage of an encounter between contestants DeMario Jackson and Corinne Olympios that took place at a pool on set in Sayulita, Mexico. Their review, with the aid of an outside law firm, found no misconduct by a cast member.
“Nor does the tape show, contrary to many press reports, that the safety of any cast member was ever in jeopardy,” the statement reads.
The company said it will not release the videotape of the incident. With production resuming shortly on the fourth season of the reality show, Warner Bros. said it will make some changes to the show’s policies and procedures “to enhance and further ensure the safety and security of all participants.”
Olympios had hired a prominent lawyer and issued a statement last week saying she was a victim (though no one used the phrase “sexual assault”), and that while she has “little memory of that night,” “something bad obviously took place.” Jackson said he was on the receiving end of “false claims and malicious allegations,” and also hired an attorney.
A message left Tuesday at Lavely & Singer, the law firm that Olympios retained after the allegations surfaced, was not immediately returned. Mashable also reached out to Jackson’s lawyer, entertainment attorney Walter Mosley, who did not immediately respond.
Show host Chris Harrison tweeted to viewers Tuesday, thanking them for their patience during the last two weeks while rumors swirled around what had happened on the show.
The show is set to air in August.