A puppy hanging out with a porcupine. A fly befriending a snake. A tapir chillin’ with a gecko.
Who doesn’t love a great unlikely animal friendship?
When two completely different creatures of the wild somehow find each other and form an everlasting bond, it does our hearts good. And if the two animals are fluffy and cute? Better. If the two are normally predator and prey? EVEN better.
We’ve found 13 of the cutest, cuddliest unlikely animal BFFs that will make you want to call your BFF and tell them all about the adorable thing you just saw.
1. Mango the raccoon and Garrison the greyhound live together in a café.
2. This cat and ferret are never too far away from each other.
3. Wilbur the pig always shares his food with his squirrel BFF.
4. A cow and a pup give each other a sweet kiss.
5. Faline the baby deer and her loyal pigeon friend do everything together.
6. Pixel and Beets — one sleepy pair.
7. Sam the Bengal cat and Pip the otter love to wrestle.
8. Just a few ducks chillin’ on a capybara’s back while taking a bath. NBD.
9. Buddy the dog and his deer friend play a rousing game of soccer.
10. Eva the cow keeps a close eye on a cute little barn cat.
11. A frog relaxing on the tiny paw of a cat (plus a bonus cat).
12. An eagle, a fox, and a cat became fast friends while hanging out on someone’s porch.
13. Jackson the Maine coon cat always protects his bud Cali the cockatoo.
There you have it — anyone, no matter how different, can find a BFF.