11 times Alyssa from ‘The End of the F***ing World’ was the ultimate DGAF badass
When it comes to giving absolutely zero f*cks, nobody does it better than Alyssa from The End of the F***cking World.
Played by an impressively deadpan Jessica Barden, Alyssa is a 17-year-old girl who goes on the run with potential psychopath James (Alex Lawther) in Netflix’s latest black comedy.
She’s tough, she takes absolutely no nonsense from anyone, and in a show that has some gloriously blunt one-liners, she has some of the best.
Here’s a roundup of some of her most DGAF moments.
1. This no-nonsense introduction.
2. Her abrupt reaction to a friend sending her a message while they’re sitting together at the same table.
3. Her thoughts on chain restaurants.
4. Her blunt response to a suspicious hotel receptionist.
5. The time she chose the evening’s entertainment.
6. This clean-up process.
7. The time she shut down a guy who complained after she changed her mind about having sex.
8. This casual exit from a shop, after a security guard had just let her off with a warning to “stop stealing”.
9. These parting words about her slimy stepdad, spoken before hanging up on her mum.
10. The time she stood up to her dad.
11. And, finally, put him in his place with this moving speech.
The first series of The End of the F***ing World is available now on Netflix.